Perfect Sunday morning breakfast: Pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon! This recipe for pancakes has yielded consistent and satisfying results. It’s also versatile, in that if you’re looking for a change just add blueberries, or try adding cinnamon and raisins, apples, banana, chocolate chips or anything else you can think of
PREP TIME: 10 min COOK TIME: 20 min TOTAL TIME: 30 min YIELD: 8-9
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter (melted)
- Combine the milk and the vinegar and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix egg and melted margarine together with the milk, then combine with the dry ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth and any lumps are gone.
- Lightly coat large skillet with cooking oil, then place over medium-low heat. Spoon batter into pan (in desired pancake size, I used ~1/4 cup at a time). Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter, then flip and cook until browned on the other side.