Good doesn’t have to be complicated, time-consuming, or precious. Proof in point:
Feeling a little shut in from the winter, and reminiscent of warmer days with BBQ meals, we enjoyed some of this classic coleslaw last night atop of shredded pork sandwiches. This very classic ‘slaw is a dependable favourite and is so because of the ideal balance of tangy and sweet.
PREP TIME: COOK TIME: TOTAL TIME: 10 min YIELD: 5 servings
- 3 1/2 cups (loosely packed) head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Mix shredded cabbages and carrots in large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with cabbage mixture.
- Serve immediately after mixing for delightfully crisp coleslaw