A super simple and quick side to serve with steak, BBQ, pasta, salad, etc… This is one of the first things I figured out how to make for myself in my adult life– that I enjoy so much that I can honestly confess that I don’t think it can be done any better.
I prefer using focaccia bread, but this is also nice on slices of french bread.
Please do yourself a favour and don’t consider substituting the fresh cloves of garlic for anything else. It might be tempting to use that jar of pre-minced garlic, or maybe use powdered garlic from the pantry– but just don’t. do. it. Call me a garlic-snob if you want, but there is really no comparison to fresh!
PREP TIME: COOK TIME: TOTAL TIME: 10 min YIELD: 8 servings
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- pinch salt
- focaccia bread (or other favourite bread)
- Turn oven on to broil at 425 F
- Mince fresh garlic and combine well with butter, parsley, and pinch of salt.
- Liberally spread garlic butter on sliced focaccia bread and place in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Broil until bread is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Keep a close watch because it can go from brown to black before you realize!